Saturday, January 21, 2012

Drunk Blogging!

Ok... so I'm a little buzzed, it is the weekend after all. What is the weekend without a little wild turkey? Lol. Well my friends, I tell you it is nothing. Especially without good company. And what is good company without good music and films? I am thinking of a lot of them as I write. I shall share.


This is Tegan and Sara "Walking with a Ghost" the first time I heard it was on wfpk radio louisville. But My ex Liked it a lot and for some re3ason it was the only song that would play on her playlist for me. It holds a lot of weight with me. I think it means that the person that broke your heart has to say they are sorry so that you can move on. And it happened for me in a way. My first Girlfriend finally told me she was sorry. It helped me realize a lot of things about myself and what exactly she took from me, and helped me move on to the next phase of my life.

My movie pick for today is Hellbound Hellraiser 2 Because it just means a lot to me I don't know why exactly.



My second pick for a song has to be "Stripped" by Shiny Toy Guns, it is a remake of a Depeche Mode song, but really well done in my opinion. I like the duel aspects of the male and feminine roles. It gives it a new outlook. When she says the first lines I want to go into the trees with her and lay in the grass! Anyhow, I love this song, how it says "Let me see you stripped down to the bone- let me hear you make decisions without your television..." I just love it!

My second movie pick is The Runaways. Need I say more. Ok. Joan Jett. Cherie Currie.Women in rock. Women who rock. Other than Heart though, I do love Heart too don't get me wrong. 



My 3rd song is Patti Smith "Because The Night" simply because the night really does belong to lovers. <3 I love Patti.



My Last song choice is Till Tuesday "Voices Carry" I just love the damn song. It reminds me of having to be quiet all the damn time.

Till next time, I love you. Have a wonderful time being a human being. :) 





 










5 comments:

  1. Excellent, Anne! Drunk or sober, you are a good blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Voices Carry" is LOADED is both intended meanings AND double entendres. Definitely ahead of its time and definitely one of my all time faves!

    Keep on bloggin'! Love ya, chica!

    ReplyDelete