Friday, January 20, 2012

My first time! Like an emerging surgeon!

Hi, My name is Anne, and as my blog title suggests this is my first blog post. I want to introduce you into my world of cinematography and knowledge of music. Basically, films and music. :)  I will tell you the stories of how the films and music touched my life, what was going on at that time in my life, and how it relates to me now. If you can relate to the stories, I'd like you to comment and tell me your own stories.

My current favorite movie is the guitar, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0942891/, where the character in the movie learns she has a terminal illness and yet she finds the will to do what she has always dreamed of doing and this heals her in a lot of ways... I mean think about it, when you are facing yourself that way, you must do what you always dreamed of doing. Your dreams are so important. It is a very moving, very touching story and I have been in this mindset lately, to stop controlling my life and just let the forces that be, truly be. I see so many people frustrated in traffic, frustrated with their computers, just frustrated... somehow things will work out, I know that life is very tough, very hard on us all, but we just need to find a little bit of compassion...


My favorite song at the moment is Lana Del Rey "Video Games" Where she is singing about being a bad girl and liking the simplistic things in life. I like this idea. Not only that but her voice sounds like a sultry angel if that makes any sense. I guess it does for this number. I know she is not talking about playing video games as we know them. It's not that hard to figure out, but the beauty of the instrumentals mixed with her smokey vocals makes this my number one right at this time. I just feel it. The lyrics are really simple and yet have an undertone of complexity that are wonderful to me. That's how a woman is. A real woman.

My second film I have been contemplating on lately is Fight Club. Who has not loved this film? But everyone needs an opposition. After many years of being in love with this film, I realized it is very against women. I find it kind kind of one of its downfalls, but I still like the concepts. The naivety of Edward Norton's Character against Brad Pitt. He duped himself. I like that but Brad Pitt had faith in his weaker counterpart. Sort of. Marla Singer? She was such a strange character but she really owned her character, and that is what made the film really tolerable for me.


My second pick for music? The Joy Formidable. They would have been my first, but Lana just blew my mind. But TJF are clever and amazing. I really think they have a bright future ahead of them! The buzz is getting bigger about them and they just have a great sound. "Whirring" is my vid pic. The video blew me away, the song blew me away, her voice blew me away. I'm just blown. :) With the surreal cats all over the house they were inspecting and the bedtime story dreaminess of the guitars that escalated into a face melting bellow, it was just almost enough to make me cry tears of Joy Formidable. :)

Now you know a little about my likes and tastes, hope you enjoy all forthcoming posts!

6 comments:

  1. Great blog, Anne. Excellent first blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped by on Nick's recommendation. Welcome to blogging! I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick posted on facebook that you started a blog,Welcome to the land of blog.I've added you to my Google reader List.Big Time Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you to all of you! I'm glad you liked it Nick, I'm glad you are interested Thomas, and Mike you are welcome in any of my circles. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne! I enjoyed this post. I liked being introduced to the music - I had never heard either of these artists. I had never heard of the movie, "The Guitar" before, either, and I'm on my way to see if I can find a trailer for it. Thanks for the write-ups!

    I'll bookmark your blog and I look forward to seeing what else you have to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you carol for your interest! I enjoy your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete