Friday, January 27, 2012

Keep not your roses...

One of my favorite poems was from a book my sister allowed me to read by Nancy A. Collins. It had a poem before one of the chapters that has stuck with me ever since. "Keep not your roses for my cold,dead brow, the way is lonley, let me feel them now." I don't know who the poem is by if it even has one exclusive author. But I am in this mindset. Let me feel your love now, don't hold it from me and wait untill it is much to late for goodbyes.




My first paragraph kind of already explained this song. It's The Smithereens "Cut Flowers". One of my favorite songs on this album.


My movie choice is High Fidelity. It is about changing oneself through learning about the past, then freeing oneself.

2 comments:

  1. I looked around, and the poem seems to be by a lady named Arabella Smith (LINK).

    I liked the song. That's not a group I'm familiar with, and it's fun to find new bands.

    ReplyDelete